What is Google Colab?
Google Colaboratory also known as 'Google Colab' is a Free cloud based service hosted by Google which allows you to write and execute Python in your browser and gives access to Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) and Tensor Processing Unit (TPU).
If you're a student want to learn python programming & machine learning or deep learning, a data scientist playing with big data or an Artificial Intelligence (AI) researcher playing with different machine algorithms then Google Colab is the best options for you to get started. And if you're a Jupyter Notebook fans, this is an even better options for you!
Why to use Google Colab?
Here are few reasons why you should use Google Colab:
- Free Access to GPU & TPU: With Google Colab you can acces Graphical and Tensor Processing Unit at free of cost. GPU and TPU are hardware accelerator to run your code quickly which is very essential for machine learning & deep learning task.
- Already Installed Libraries: All essential libraries like Tensor Flow, Keras, Theano, PyTorch & many more are already installed. So you don't have to worry about installing and confguring them.
- Zero Configuration: With Google Colab you don't have to worry about installing python, configuration, installing libraries. Everything is set for you. All you need to have is Google Account.
- Hosted by Google: You don't have to use your own computer for computational task. Everything runs on Google Cloud. All you need to have is fast internet and browser in your machine.
- Everything is Stored in Google Drive: All files you create in Google Colab are stored in Google Drive so you don't have to worry about loosing it.
- Easy Sharing: Since everything is stored in your Google Drive account, you can share your code with anyone easily.
Getting Started With Google Colab
To get started with 'Google Colab' all you need to have is Google Account. If you don't have you can create for free :) and if you have click following button, Sign In & run your code.