Newton Raphson Method Features (Characteristics)
In this article, we are going to list all characteristics of Newton Raphson method to find real root of non-linear equations.
Newton Raphson method has following characteristics:
- Type: It is non-bracketing method. Also known as open bracket method.
- Convergence: Not Guaranteed
- Rate of Convergence: Qudratic rate of convergence so faster.
- Accuracy: Good
- Number of Initial Guess: 1 (One)
- Programming Effort: Easy to Implement
- Approach: Taylor's series. Concept of tangent line.