Benefits of Using Pointer in C Programming
In this tutorial we are going to list out benefits of pointer in C.
Using pointer in C programming has following advantages:
- Pointers provide direct access to memory.
- Pointers provide a way to return multiple values from a user defined function without using return keyword.
- Pointers reduce the storage space and complexity of programs.
- Pointers reduce the execution time of programs.
- Pointers provide an alternate way to access individual array elements.
- Pointers allow us to perform dynamic memory allocation and deallocation.
- Pointers allow us to create more complex data structures like linked lists, trees, graphs, stacks etc.